If you’re liking what you’ve been seeing from Birdsong bras, then get excited for Birdsong swimwear! Our exclusive new line of bra-sized swim separates is designed to give you the support you’ve always wanted, in the trends you’ve got your eye on, in a ridiculously inclusive size range.
“Before Birdsong, there was a gap in the market for fashionable, high quality, supportive, reasonably priced swimwear,” says buyer Megan Puma. “Birdsong makes this season’s top trends available to full-bust and plus customers. Now you have a whole array of mix-and-match options that pack a lot of power but don’t look frumpy or like you’re wearing your bra outside.”
“What’s great is that whether you’re looking for a tiny bikini or modest coverage, there are silhouettes that cater to everyone—there’s tighter and there’s looser, bold trends and subtle classics, poppy prints and solids that go with everything—but they’re all supportive. They’re for every woman, every age. What are you comfortable showing? What do you want to conceal? Now there’s a way to do it so that whatever you want to wear, you’ll feel comfy and confident in it.”
Megan hopes Birdsong swim reaches as many women as possible to make swimwear shopping feel like less of a drag. “I want to help women realize we shouldn’t have to change ourselves to look and feel the way we want to in a swimsuit,” Megan says.
BIRDSONG BRA-SIZED SWIMWEAR
With four styles of bikini and three different tankinis, you can really take your pick. That’s why Megan recommends shopping the collection by your style preferences first, then narrowing by your bra size (bands 32-38, cups D-I).
Bikini tops include things like…
- Adjustability and convertibility: “It’s really important that a suit fit the way your figure needs it to,” says Megan. That’s why you’ll find thoughtful details like fully functional ties, no fewer than three positions to secure the band in back and straps you can reposition (over-the-shoulder or cross-back)
- Fashion detailing: Expect to find attractively draped fabric concealing the cups, split shoulder straps that give the impression of effortless lift and decorative straps “where it won’t sacrifice function to add fashion,” Megan says
- An underwire encased in super-soft brushed fabric for comfort
- Side boning to keep breasts where they belong
- Inner slings for added support in the larger cup sizes
- Removable modesty padding (all but in the over-the-shoulder style, which has foam cups sewn in)
Tankini tops include…
- A classic underwire halter: Flattering, adjustable ties are sturdy and stretchy to a point, but they’re stitched so as to not stretch out on you. Expect removable modesty padding, three back adjustment positions, side boning and, most of all, an underwire that helps take pressure off neck
- Over-the-shoulder wrap-front tankini: Just like the bikini version, it has molded cups and a sweetheart neckline, making it the style to choose for more coverage
- Scoop neck tankini: The completely camouflaged, sewn-in foam-cup bra with four hook-and-eye rows helps shape and support, as does the J-hook option on the straps
BIRDSONG SWIM BOTTOMS
Of the six different swim bottoms, three (the basic bikini, the ruched high-waist and the adjustable skirted bikini bottom) run the gamut from a small to a 3X, with a higher-cut leg line and all the color and patterns you could hope for.
Two more styles, a full-coverage brief and skirted bottom, are exclusively in sizes 16-24W. These have higher waists, a smoothing double layer of power mesh in the front, full coverage in the back and bit of a lower leg line.
BIRDSONG PLUS-SIZE TANKINIS
To make sure the silhouettes and the size range would work for as many women as possible, Birdsong plus-size tankinis go by dress size and cup size (18-24 and C-K). They all feature removable modesty pads in the cups, too. Here’s what else you’ll find:
- Sharkbite Flyaway: This style is the loosest and edgiest, what with the cool angular hem. You can switch up the neckline from sweetheart to plunge depending on what you’re doing. Straps also do whatever you need them to.
- Flyaway Underwire: The A-line shape isn’t as dramatic as the sharkbite, but it still has a nice drape and flow to it. There’s a full floating underwire shelf bra below the slight V-neck, ring details and thicker straps for style points, and of course the adjustable, convertible hook set-up.
- Shirred Tankini Top: This one is the tightest-fitting, with waist-accentuating ruching down the sides that draw the eye to the smallest part of the waist. Wrap detail in front belies the built-in underwire cups with removable padding.
Latest posts by Brooke Glassberg (see all)
- The Best Neutral & Nude Bras for Every Skin Tone - March 22, 2021
- How to Beat Daylight Savings Time - March 15, 2021
- How to Buy a Swimsuit Online: an Interview with Swim Expert Megan Puma - March 8, 2021