Just because we live, love and obsess over bras here at Bare Necessities doesn’t make panties an afterthought. We know firsthand that every cut, fabric and style of underwear has legions of impassioned devotees. Whether you’re on Team High-Rise or Low-Rise, swear by G-strings or granny panties, go for cheap and cheerful or prefer to splurge, or care deeply about matching or clashing with your bras, the sheer size of our selection makes finding your everyday-effortless undies a snap.
To make it easier still, Bare it All asked our buyers to put together this guide to our best sellers as well as their personal favorite styles. They made sure comfort came first, followed closely by good looks. If you find you could still use some assistance, our Bra Fit Experts are on hand to help. (Yes, they’re fluent in panties, too.) Chat online, or call 877-728-9272 and select option 4.
The bottom line: With these choice recommendations, you’re sure to find a real peach.
This classic, mid-coverage style is what we want most of the time. Bikini briefs deliver medium coverage at the waist (not too low, not too high!) and, done right, they cover some or all of the cheeks without ever creeping up on you. Choose breathable cotton with a touch of Spandex for give (Natori Bliss fans are a dedicated bunch), supple microfiber (as in the remarkable one-size-fits-all Chantelle or the B.Tempt’d), or stretch lace (Hanky Panky is always a do). The silky Olga Secret Hug has forever and always been our #1 pair; maybe it’s already yours, too? And if you like fun prints or string sides, Vanity Fair is a steal.
- Natori Bliss Cotton Girl Brief
- Chantelle Soft Stretch Bikini
- Hanky Panky Signature Lace Retro V-Kini
- B.Tempt’d by Wacoal Cheeky Bikini
- Olga Secret Hug Scoop Hipster
- Vanity Fair Illumination String Bikini
FRENCH CUT BRIEFS OR HIGH CUT BRIEFS
This particular style of briefs cuts a bit higher on the waist than bikinis do…and the same goes for the flattering leg lines. On balance, this look is comfy and modest, without being too covered-up. The ridiculously comfortable Natori Bliss is a perfect example of the French-cut silhouette, which you can also now get in organic cotton with Hanky Panky’s eco-friendly collection. Wacoal’s nylon-Spandex blends mean no panty lines, which is a plus. And if you want not only panty lines but the panties themselves to disappear, everyone loves how soft OnGossamer mesh feels.
- Wacoal B-Smooth Hi-Cut Brief
- Wacoal Skinsense Hi-Cut Brief
- Natori Bliss Cotton French Cut
- Hanky Panky Organic Cotton French Cut Brief
- OnGossamer Mesh Hi-Cut Brief
There are just certain times and days of the month you don’t want to think about your underwear. With full-cut briefs, problem solved. If you’re in your comfort zone in a high rise and a full seat (and let’s be honest, who wouldn’t be?), you’ll want some in your inventory. Even if they’re not specifically shaping, this cut inherently contains a tummy and all but guarantees that they’re not going anywhere. Soft stretch blends come in solids or prints that suit your own sense of style.
- Chantelle Soft Stretch Full Brief
- Wacoal B-Smooth Full Brief
- Hanky Panky Signature Lace French Brief
- Warner’s No Pinching No Problems Brief
- Jockey No Panty Line Promise Hip Brief
On the opposite end of the scale, you’ll find thongs; like full panties, there’s always a time and a place for this style, even if you’re going nowhere. For example, we tend to wear them for working out so they don’t show under leggings. Some women love to wear this barely-there style not only with pants but with jeans, to which we say, you do you. Try the impossibly flexible Polyamide magic of Chantelle’s Soft Stretch collection, opt for lace with a bright, fun Hanky Panky pair or the bralette-matching B.Tempt’d, or go smooth in Calvin Klein or Commando.
- Hanky Panky Signature Lace Original Rise Thong
- Chantelle Soft Stretch Retro Thong
- Calvin Klein Invisibles Thong
- Commando Butter Mid-Rise Thong
- B.Tempt’d by Wacoal Lace Kiss Thong
Of course, there are as many types of panties as there are days of the week. If you’re looking for sexy, shaping, boyshorts, one-size-fits-all, multipack pairs and more, be sure to check out our Expert Panty Picks guide for help finding the right pair for every outfit and occasion.
Latest posts by Brooke Glassberg (see all)
- The Best Neutral & Nude Bras for Every Skin Tone - March 22, 2021
- How to Beat Daylight Savings Time - March 15, 2021
- How to Buy a Swimsuit Online: an Interview with Swim Expert Megan Puma - March 8, 2021