Sunset on the beach. A frozen peach Daiquiri. Otherworldly reefs.
Coming off winter, this is the stuff dreams are made of, so this season we’re all in on Living Coral, the official Pantone Color of the Year.
For 20 years, the Pantone Color Institute has analyzed trends in different industries, including fashion, art, home decor and travel. Living Coral is said by Pantone to be “animating and life-affirming, with a golden undertone that energizes and enlivens with a softer edge.” It plays up the rosiness in every shade of skin, giving a subtle glow to even the palest complexions.
“With consumers craving social connection, the humanizing and heartening qualities displayed by the convivial Pantone Living Coral hit a responsive cord,” said Pantone executive director Leatrice Eiseman.
Whenever the Venn diagram of good looks and real life overlaps, we want in. Check out some of the newest, most flattering ways from Bare Necessities to try this good-on-everyone trend.
- Fantasie Anguilla: Except for maybe an actual trip to Anguilla, there’s nothing more tropical than a palm leaf motif—and nothing more supportive than this built-in underwire.
- Fantasie Marseille in Sunset: This gorgeous crochet on this collection (shown above) really elevates a solid suit; underwire tops do the same for a full bust.
- Magicsuit Flower Bomb: If you prefer your pinks served up with a side of slenderizing dark Spandex, this is your suit. While different, the hemlines on the tankini and one-piece are equally attractive.
- Freya Totally Check in Tropical Punch and Totally Stripe in Flame: Ruffled gingham and striped separates have this incredibly fun, flirty Daisy Duke vibe going on.
- Freya Starlight T-Shirt Bra and Side Support Bra in Hibiscus: Every now and again, one new bra appears that has the whole staff singing its praises. This is that bra right now: lightweight, fits right, supportive, makes clothes look good and so well styled.
- Natori Feathers Plunge in Passion Fruit: On the flip side, other bras—especially Feathers—are eternally flattering, universal favorites.
- Chantelle Rive Gauche in Light Peach: Drop-dead gorgeous seamed, unlined lace cups make this incredibly well-reviewed bra a stunner in the summer.
- Hanky Panky Signature Lace Original Rise Thong in Peachy Keen (also in low rise): This particular color of the often imitated, never duplicated stretch-lace style is the perfect compromise between a wearable neutral and a fun shade.
- Natori Bliss Cotton Bikini in Coral Sunset (also in a French cut brief): For brief devotees, the suuuper-soft Pima cotton and stay-put lace trim will make these your new daily go-tos.
- OnGossamer Gossamer Mesh Hip Bikini in Coral Cloud (note the matching T-shirt bra): Do wear briefs…but make ’em sexy. Delicate, comfy mesh is OnGossamer‘s calling card. It’s light as air, which is nice in warm weather, and it never leaves a visible panty line behind.
- Calvin Klein Radiant Cotton Bikini 3-pack in Mango/Black/Boudoir: Ultra-comfy, with that irresistible sporty logo waistband you kind of want to let peek out a little bit.
- Panache Medium Impact Wire-Free Sports Bra in Coral/Sky: The bold coral colorblocking here is really energizing—exactly what you need to get you through a moderately punishing workout.
- Glamorise Custom Control Wire-Free Sports Bra in Orange/Pink: You can change the level of bounce control on this wire-free, full-figured, so-pretty winner.
- Nike Legend Dri-Fit Tank in Ember Glow: This breathable scoop-neck racerback tank is as ideal for a personal training sesh as it is for a warm-weather vacation.
Latest posts by Brooke Glassberg (see all)
- Breast Changes During Pregnancy—and the Bras That Will Help Get You Through - August 3, 2020
- The Best Bras for Big Boobs - July 27, 2020
- The Latest, Greatest Slimming Swimsuits - July 20, 2020