Mothers contain multitudes, but there is at least one word that applies to all: prepared. With this Mother’s Day gift guide curated by our Bare Necessities buyers, that’s exactly what you’ll be, too.
A month ahead of her special day, we’ve already put together a list of comfy, stylish pajama presents that will be appreciated by anyone in your life who has earned the “mom” moniker: your own mother, a mother-in-law, all the women who raised you up, the daughter who promoted you to grandma, your wife or significant other, a sister…the more you think about it, the longer the list grows.
She gives her all 24/7/365; this time, the idea is to help her sleep in, kick back and relax. Add breakfast in bed, and you’re the one who comes out smelling like a rose.
- Barefoot Dreams Luxe Milk Jersey Piped Pajama Set: Modern minimalism in sleepy-time form, from the supremely soft knit modal material and disappearing button placket to the subdued hues and frill-free piped trim. This set even comes tied with a ribbon, so they’re ready to gift straight away.
- Kate Spade New York Jersey Knit Classic Pajama Set: True as ever to this brand’s quirky aesthetic, this shortie set is a classic (black and white gingham) with a femme twist (embroidered flowers). Dark colors make this cotton-modal blend ideal for hanging around the house or bringing with you on a weekend getaway: No matter who you run into, the girls are concealed.
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Classic Woven Sleep Shirt: If her self-described style is best summarized by some version of “timeless,” this iconic white sleep shirt is tailor-made for her. With subtle pinstripes, notched collar and logo monogram, it’s everything she loves by day in a breathable cotton blend for night. Sleeves that can be rolled up or down also allow for a little added temperature control any time of the year.
CUTE PAJAMA SETS
- ED Ellen DeGeneres Love Knit Pajama Set: This fresh floral sketch is colorful and fun, and the preppy puppy version is adorable—but then what else would you expect from the one and only Ellen DeGeneres? Stuffed with blooms and hearts, the densely-packed design and silky soft, T-shirt-like feel make these particularly excellent.
- ED Ellen DeGeneres Tonal Stripes Knit Pajama Set: Cropped stretch cotton pants and a sporty striped top yield a set so comfortable yet polished, you could wear it out on errands and no one would be the wiser—only on closer inspection does the little doodle over the patch pocket reveal itself to be of the feline variety.
- P.J. Salvage Modal Pajama Set: Put these on at night, and gear up for brunch the next day. This buttery-soft dove gray cotton-modal pair is covered in festive Champagne flutes and even comes with an eye mask that says, “Mornings are for Mimosas.” Were truer words ever embroidered?
- Kate Spade New York Charmeuse Floral Pajama Set: Got a gardener on your hands, or want to give blooms that live longer than a few days? Consider these cherry blossom-festooned charmeuse jammies with thoughtful touches like pockets (!!!), covered buttons and contrast piping.
- Kate Spade New York Floral Terry Robe: She’ll be storing away her fluffy fleece bathrobe right quick in favor of this spring edition, what with its charming rose print, three-quarter sleeves and soft cotton lining. This one makes getting ready for work or a night out a decidedly more glamorous affair—what a difference a robe makes.
- Flora Nikrooz Luela Robe: There are robes, and then there are robes, dahling. This gorgeous ankle-length version is a dressing gown in the fanciest sense, trimmed in floral mesh lace. When she wraps herself up in this, she can’t not feel special. (P.S. It would make for an excellent bridal gift, too.) (P.P.S. Here’s a shorter length.)
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Greenwich Terry Robe: And here is the short spin on her usual terrycloth, pure cotton favorite. Its sleeves stay long but its length stops short, and the pockets are deep enough to hold a smartphone (really, what else are they even for anymore?), so this robe is just the thing to throw on for morning coffee on the porch.
- Kate Spade New York Modal Jersey Robe: Is it the lightweight yet luxe draping of this modal robe, the easy this-or-that color choice, or the easygoing sizing that makes this robe such a crowd-pleasing present? Yes, yes and yes. The grosgrain ribbon bow on the chest pocket doesn’t hurt, either.
- Ginia Silk Long Gown: How can something so simple be so seductive? This slip-dress of a nightie, tipped in satin just at the V-neck, holds all the answers. Pure silk has superpowers: It’s a natural thermoregulator, keeping you cool when you’re warm and the other way around. For the woman who has everything and does everything for everyone else, it’s worth the splurge just to watch it really register.
- Hanro Malene Knit Nightgown: This is the nightgown against which all other nightgowns ought to be judged. Pure soft, stretch cotton in the loveliest light blush shade is generously cut to just below the knee and finished with details like contemporary lace trim and a button neckline. A good night’s rest is now within arm’s reach.
- Hanro Moments Knit Pajama Set: There is nothing basic about these black PJs. They’re made of mercerized cotton, a finishing treatment that not only gives the fabric a silk-like luster, it also makes the dye uptake richer and the fabric stronger and more shrink-resistant, ensuring these beauties are going to stay looking amazing for years to come.
Latest posts by Brooke Glassberg (see all)
- Breast Changes During Pregnancy—and the Bras That Will Help Get You Through - August 3, 2020
- The Best Bras for Big Boobs - July 27, 2020
- The Latest, Greatest Slimming Swimsuits - July 20, 2020