Everyone has happily been living la vida loungewear all through 2020, and you don’t have to be a trend forecaster or fashion editor to see that comfort dressing isn’t going anywhere. We’re happy to see the bra world has leaned into comfort more than ever before.
This new class of bras is a step up from letting the girls run free, and anyone can wear them. Because they’re completely seamless and smooth, lounge bras eliminate pinching, marks and digging, with no underwires in sight. By providing both support and the maximum amount of comfort that’s legally allowed, lounge bras are where the Venn diagram of good-looking and good-feeling lingerie meet.
We’re also loving lounge bras because they come in our favorite fabrics, from lace for a sweet look that says I tried to stretch microfiber for something that looks minimalist yet feels better than your average over-the-head, super-Spandex sports bra. Lounge bras come in virtually every size (and those sizes are simple to figure out) and at every price so you can find the one that fits you on every level.
Keep your padded, underwire bras lined up in your Home Edit-ed dresser a little while longer. Check out our best selection of lounge bras that will keep you supported in style and stretchy comfort for the year to come.
- Chantelle Soft Stretch Bralette: We could go on and on about this one for its color options, fixed straps and cups, foolproof sizing, laser-cut edges and good, deep V-neck…or you could find out for yourself.
- Chantelle Soft Stretch Scoop Bralette: Same idea as the previous, but with a rounded neckline and adjustable straps in your basic colors.
- Wacoal B-Smooth Bralette: This Wacoal winner is band-sized, with a between-the-breasts fabrication that prevents uniboob. It comes in excellent colors, too.
- Bali Comfort Revolution Fuse Bralette: How heartening to see five-star ratings at such an affordable price. The Revolution has removable cups if you prefer and is moisture-wicking.
- Bali One Smooth U Bralette: Play up your natural shape in these unlined cups that come in a wide size range.
- Bali Comfort Revolution Smart Sizes Wire-Free Bra: Dual-layer cups bring this lounge bra as close to a “real” bra as it gets, with targeted support, forgiving sizing and a plunging comfort-U back.
- Calvin Klein Invisibles Bralette: In the curve-hugging close fit Calvin does so well comes this V-neck with soft-cup inserts that come out if you’d like.
- Calvin Klein CK One Cotton Bralette: Styled like a sports bra without the structure is this on-brand-minimalist soft blend with double-layer cups, fully adjustable straps and a barely-there back.
- Brabar Everyday Longline Cami Bralette: This fashion-forward camisole-inspired cut has an adjustable hook-and-eye for support, two-layer cups with removable inserts, easy sizing and a goes-with-everything neckline.
Lace Lounge Bras
- Hanky Panky Signature Lace Bralette: To know Hanky Panky’s signature stretch lace is to love it, and if you’re a fan of the bottoms, now you need lounge bras to match. Decorative straps are lacy and thick in front, adjustable and slender in back; unlined, wire-free cups cradle what nature gave you.
- Maidenform Modern Bralette: This lacy Maidenform in gorgeous colors that goes up to a 2X is just so pretty for something so comfortable and casual. Thanks to the racerback, you’ll never even see the adjustable straps—unless, of course, you want to show them off.
- Cosabella Never Say Never Curvy Racie Bralette: If you’ve got a smaller band and a fuller cup, you can take your pick of 20 colors in this mesh-lined, semi-sheer stretch lace T-back with an extremely loyal following.
- Cosabella Never Say Never Sweetie Curvy Bralette: This one is pretty similar to the Racie, only with a higher sweetheart neckline and adjustable straps.
- Natori Bliss Perfection Wire-Free T-Shirt Bra: For just a touch of lace, we love the pretty-meets-practical band on this bra (shown above). The contours of the neckline and ballet back make it barely-there under whatever you wear; the bra-like cups and clasp give it structure.
Plus-Size Lounge Bras
- Calvin Klein Plus Size Invisibles Bralette: Everything there is to love about the Invisibles Bralette above also comes 1X and 2X.
- Calvin Klein Plus Size Invisibles Bralette: Likewise, the scoop-neck version comes in 1X, 2X and an additional color.
- Rhonda Shear Plus Size Ahh Leisure Bralette: For up to a 4X, choose this light-support lounge bra with molded, unlined cups. Thought it disappears under clothes, the underband support decidedly does not.
Note that many of the lounge bras and lace lounge bras listed above also come in impressively inclusive sizing; these three come exclusively in plus size.
Latest posts by Brooke Glassberg (see all)
- The Best Neutral & Nude Bras for Every Skin Tone - March 22, 2021
- How to Beat Daylight Savings Time - March 15, 2021
- How to Buy a Swimsuit Online: an Interview with Swim Expert Megan Puma - March 8, 2021