It’s pretty much scientifically proven: Sleep and loungewear are key not just to surviving but to thriving in the cold months. Plush, polished pieces designed to give you the warm fuzzies are all anybody wants to wear these days. They’re as much little luxuries for you as they are can’t-go-wrong holiday gifts for the ones you love.
“My favorite thing about our assortment is that there’s something for everyone. You’ll actually be able to find your personal style in sleepwear this winter,” says Bare Necessities buyer Megan Irvine, who built the mix this season around the three Cs: cozy, cool and comfy.
Keep warm and sleep well in the most incredible-feeling pieces. Lines likes Barefoot Dreams and UGG are legendary, and they’re a great value when you consider they can be worn inside and out of the house, too.
“Really the most important thing about sleepwear is that it feels good,” Megan says. “These styles are made of the softest, most decadent materials ever, so no matter what it’s like out, you’ll always be nice and toasty. And that goes a long way toward a good mood.”
Whether you’re running to the store or hanging out around the house, these snuggly styles are all perfectly appropriate:
- Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Lite Long Weekend Cardi and Lounge Pants
- UGG Judith Knit Plush Long Cardigan
- UGG Coquette Slippers
- UGG Pom Pom Fleece Lined Crew Socks
Sure, it’s sleepwear, but make it fashion, darling. You care about how you look all day long; why give up at bedtime? Pajamas don’t have to be a snooze anymore. Design-minded brands like P.J. Salvage, DKNY, Calvin Klein, Kate Spade, Bluebella and ED Ellen DeGeneres (yep, that Ellen) are on the scene at night now.
“A lot of the top contemporary brands are moving into this category because they know women want to continue to express their personality from day into night,” says Megan. “Whatever it is you most love to wear—bold prints, feminine embellishments, modern minimalism—these lines are bringing sleepwear into the 21st century.”
You’ll feel more like you around the clock, and your housemates will appreciate the effort you put in when you wear the likes of:
- Kate Spade New York Cat Charmeuse Pajama Set and Cat Robe
- ED Ellen DeGeneres Love Knit Pajamas
- ED Ellen DeGeneres Love the Lounge Knit Kimono Robe
- Bluebella Isabella Satin Cami & Short Set
- Calvin Klein Monogram Cotton Sleep Shirt
- DKNY Self Titled Knit Sleep Top and Knit Joggers
Seasons change and trends come and go, but some styles are timeless. Tried-and-true sophisticated sleepwear (think Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan, Eileen West and N Natori) endures because it’s cut and styled for unadulterated comfort.
“Traditional motifs like flannel, plaid and piped trim will be loved by anyone on your list,” per Megan. “Lauren Ralph Lauren’s tailoring make sure you look good from bedtime to breakfast. PJ Harlow satin separates are great, upgraded basics you can stay in all day long and Ginia’s luxurious silks make you feel like a queen.” Which, of course, you are.
For your consideration, the following crisp-yet-comfy jammies:
- Lauren by Ralph Lauren Hammond Knit Pajama Set
- Lauren by Ralph Lauren Satin Pajama Set
- PJ Harlow Jolie Satin Lounge Pants and Anne Satin Sleep Cami
- Donna Karan Flannel Night Gown or the shorter Sleep Shirt
- N Natori Impressions Silky Satin Night Gown or the long-sleeved Satin Caftan
- Ginia Silk Long Gown or the shorter Silk Chemise
Latest posts by Brooke Glassberg (see all)
- 2018 Holiday Gift Guide: Who are You Shopping for? - November 12, 2018
- From 32D to 30DDD, Lauren Russo Finds Her Best Bra Brand - November 5, 2018
- Planning for Thanksgiving: What to Wear & What Not to Forget - October 29, 2018